May 25, 2012

Qisthas Noe'man at JAKARTA FASHION FESTIVAL


 JAKARTA FASHION FESTIVAL 2012 FASHION SHOW was awesome! :D this year was my 3rd year being part of the event, and it got better every year. similar with a year before, i explored paper! the different for this year, i took NEWSPAPER and design it as ready-to-wear fashion with the help of traditional weaving technique (TENUN).   


SAVAGE GARDEN is about recycle, reuse, and redesign. what i had in mind was  designing outfit that pretty and beautiful made out of garbage. in this case, i decided make WEAVING NEWSPAPER DRESS and for the detail, leftover traditional BATIK cap from my previous batik collection. 

At the end of the show, i am very thankful for all the help i got before and after the show. my mom and dad how never stop supporting me, all the tailor for their neat work, and last but to least is Titus who calm me down when I got cranky, love you.

taken by Amna (http://a-m-n.tumblr.com) 
WEAVING NEWSPAPER 



No comments: